Soul Throw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League?

+6
SHiNYxUmbreon
Mr. Freeze
ToonStink
The Candyman
KENDARRR
Trollestia
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League? Empty Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League?

Post by Trollestia Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 am

I'm thinking of creating a Highlander team for UGC so we can have fun playing TF2 and pwning people who *aren't* noobs (I know, scary). I'd be Engineer and my brother would be Demoman. If you're interested, post here and we can talk about logistics. Before I signed the team up I'd want to spend a few months doing regular team practice so we'd know we had commitment.
If we have multiple applicants, please note that participating in the MvM Challenges will make you more likely to get accepted.
EDIT:
So basically, if you'd like to be on the team, post here with your top three classes. Example:
1. Engineer
2. Medic
3. Pyro
Those are my top three. We'll have tryouts sometime in March, which will give everybody plenty of time to get a functioning computer, get the feel of the game, get some items, etc. Tryouts will be Attack/Defend on Dustbowl, three rounds. We'll set up a server beforehand that you will connect to, and you will be put on BLU or RED. You will be playing against and with bots set on the highest difficulty. Myself, Kendstar, and Candy will spectate. Based off of speed, points scored, and "style", we'll pick who we think is best suited for each class.
Tryouts will be in this order:
Scout
Soldier
Pyro
Heavy
Medic
Spy
Demoman, Engineer, and Sniper are taken. Do not list them in your top three because you won't be given an opportunity to try out for those classes.
Feel free to discuss possibilities for how to run the team and stuff in this thread. If you want to change your top three, please edit your post instead of making a new one.

Last edited by Trollestia on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

https://soulthrow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League? Empty Re: Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League?

Post by KENDARRR Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 am

What game type is it?
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League? Empty Re: Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League?

Post by Trollestia Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:25 am

As far as I know it's all the game types. I'm going to have people post here if they want to be on our ULTRA LEET TEAM.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:43 am

Alright, well my top three are Sniper, Scout, and Heavy I guess. In that order.
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Alright. I've removed Demoman, Engineer, and Snipe from the list of classes you can pick from. Since you and Candy are co-captains, I figured you won't have to try out anyways.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Cool beans. That's pretty sweet. Although I will miss out on killing all the noobs with my Awper-hand.
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Well, tryouts are against bots, so it's not like that'd be hard.
Also, it looks like you, me, and Candy are the only people interested in this team.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Candyman Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:55 pm

I am confirming that I will be co-captain as demoman. I hope moe people join
The Candyman
The Candyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:05 pm

The Candyman wrote:I am confirming that I will be co-captain as demoman. I hope moe people join
I hope moe people join
moe people
moe
Who Wants To Be In A Highlander League? HtBK7
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 pm

If I have to I'm sure I could run a server on my laptop while I play on it.
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Don't you also have a desktop that you could run the server on? The server would only have to be up during tryouts, practice, and matches.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:16 am

I'm scrapping the idea of joining the UGC Highlander League. Reading over their rules, I'm not going to deal with their arbitrary bullshit and elitist faggotry.
Settings: No crits, no damage spread.
Whitelist enforced.
Restricted Unlockables:
- Fall 2012 excluded weapons:
1. The Enforcer
2. Pomson 6000
3. Phlogistinator
4. Holiday Punch
5. Bombinomicon
6. The Scout's Bootie Time and Pyro's Jingle Belt
7. Huo-Long Heater
8. Red-tape Recorder
9. Vitasaw
10. Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
11. Cleaner's Carbine
12. Familiar Fez (The Saharan Spy Set)
13. Ol' Snaggletooth (The Croc-o-style Set)
Other Sets and Set bonuses are allowed.
I'm sorry but this makes no goddamn sense. No random crits and no bullet spread I can understand, even though I disagree with the philosophy. Competitive players hate random chance so they remove it and make everything based off of skill. Fine. I've got skill. I don't care either way. I probably wouldn't even notice if I was playing on servers with crits and bullet spread off.
But when you start banning weapons? Almost all of these weapons are balanced, and the only reason to ban them is because the people who organize the league undergo rectal prolapses when they get hit by one of these weapons.
How is the Enforcer overpowered? It has a 20% slower firing speed and its bonus only takes place when undisguised? And if it *is* overpowered, why not ban the Third Degree, Amputator, and Solemn Vow, all of which are direct upgrades of the default weapons?
The Pomson 6000 *just* got nerfed so now it doesn't penetrate players, and it's still banned? Given that it's not hitscan, does less damage than the shotgun, and is situational, why would you ban it? Are you scared people won't play because of PTSD induced by losing an Ubercharge once by this thing?
I'm not even going to bother talking about why banning the Phlogistinator is stupid.
Holiday Punches! Ooh, so scary! I might get forced to LAUGH! Because as we all know, Heavies, being fast, agile classes, are capable of sneaking behind you and forcing you to laugh, and they'll just finish you off quickly, leaving them free to go and make other people laugh. When was the last time somebody was actually killed by the Holiday Punch? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Banning cosmetics is so fucking retarded I don't even know where to begin. There's nothing about these things that will give you an advantage over somebody else.
Huo Long Heater isn't even that great. You have to keep running around picking up ammo to make use of its abilities, and a spy can jump over the ring of fire and perform a backstab anyways, or just take the fire damage and go for a health pack.
Red-tape Recorder is the only ban that kind of makes sense, but seriously, dealing with your sentry getting leveled down isn't that big of a deal. Since there can only be one Spy in Highlander, kill him, then build your stuff up again. It's not that hard.
Vitasaw? Really? Do Medics with the Vitasaw actually pose a serious unbalance to the game? (The answer is "no").
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol is banned too. What.
Cleaner's Carbine is underpowered as shit. Banning this is more like noob-checking than balancing.
A spy whose uncloaking is a little harder to hear! Oh no! Now he'll go on a backstabbing rampage because our entire team sucks and lets him get behind our lines like a bunch of faggots!
AND NOW A SNIPER THAT CAN'T BE HEADSHOT, LEAVING HIM AT ONE HEALTH. SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAMBULANCE I'M HAVING AN ANEURYSM.

So basically, I will not be forming a Highlander team to compete in the UGC. I'll see if there are any other leagues but I doubt there are and if there are, I imagine they're just UGC wannabes so nothing will be different.
This doesn't mean we can't make like, two Highlander teams and hold weekly tournies with ourselves or something. It just means we won't be playing in UGC.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:16 am

Yeah. I can do both is all I was saying.

And that shit is retarded. I don't understand why any weapons let alone these ones would be banned. Although I can't say I'd mind banning the Croc set, because I'm a headshot fag like that, but still none of it makes sense. I do think we should still do something similar, especially because working internally hasn't worked nearly as well as we'd like to think it would. Especially because there are so few of us, and very few have computers at this point.
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonStink Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 am

Scout
Spy
Engineer
ToonStink
ToonStink
Duane

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm

KENDARRR wrote:Yeah. I can do both is all I was saying.

And that shit is retarded. I don't understand why any weapons let alone these ones would be banned. Although I can't say I'd mind banning the Croc set, because I'm a headshot fag like that, but still none of it makes sense. I do think we should still do something similar, especially because working internally hasn't worked nearly as well as we'd like to think it would. Especially because there are so few of us, and very few have computers at this point.
I did find something called the Round Robin.
http://theroundrob.in/
They don't have a bunch of information on their site but we could check it out. According to the official TF2 website, it's less structured than other Highlander tournies. So for now, let's keep planning to create a Highlander team with the goal of joining Round Robin.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Trollestia wrote:
I did find something called the Round Robin.
http://theroundrob.in/
They don't have a bunch of information on their site but we could check it out. According to the official TF2 website, it's less structured than other Highlander tournies. So for now, let's keep planning to create a Highlander team with the goal of joining Round Robin.
Rules are right there. They have a few banned weapons that are still pretty retarded. But far less than UGC. And they also do not allow set bonuses, which again is lame but I don't really mind and it's still better than UGC.

Last edited by KENDARRR on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BECAUSE!)
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:08 am

Yeah, I've discovered that. It has two large distinct advantages over UGC though:
It's not as competitive
And the tournie only goes for a day, which means our team will know which day to set aside to do the tournie on instead of one day a week. And we don't have to participate in each season (they try to do two or three a year).
EDIT: Oh, and I can't read the rules since my computer's too old so I've just been looking at the FAQ and About sections.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

I also from what I understand, we're not allowed to use a home server for tournaments.
Also, how long are the seasons?
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 am

One day.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Freeze Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 pm

1 Medic???
2 Soldier????
3 ?????????!?

Totes helpful.
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Freeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 am

Pyro's also a good class for beginners.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by SHiNYxUmbreon Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm

My top three would have to be Scout, Heavy, Engineer. But I will try out for Heavy, Pyro then Medic.
SHiNYxUmbreon
SHiNYxUmbreon

Back to top Go down

Post by UnashamedRug Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Ive had this discussion with reed and kendall, but I could be your medic if no one eles has already chosen it.
Top 3:
Medic
Pyro
Scout
UnashamedRug
UnashamedRug

Back to top Go down

Post by KENDARRR Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:29 am

Sweet, were slowly filling up! And it's good that we have some one who like playing Soldier. I fucking hate palying Soldier.
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:59 am

This is looking promising. I was having loads of fun playing today (mostly because I was raping as Engineer and Demoman).
Also, Kenstar, why do you have to be so good at sniper? You quick-scoped me at least twice.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next