Soul Throw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mystery Zone Bad Egg Glitch

2 posters

Go down

Mystery Zone Bad Egg Glitch Empty Mystery Zone Bad Egg Glitch

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm

As you may or may not have heard there's a huge commotion going on regarding the dreaded Bad Egg hath returned. What makes these so bad is that they are like a virus and will corrupt and overwrite whatever pokemon happen to be in the same box as it. I've been reading around a bit and here's what I was able to gather.

-People are blaming the Wonder Trade for receiving these things.
-They are the result of that one hacker that revealed the events legends being an asshole.
-Just being an anti-hacker device in general.

This was what the hysteria and "first reports" gave but after looking around some more I was beginning to find that these eggs are just game breaking 404 errors than the negative incentive for hacking like bad eggs used to be. This is more likely since these Mystery Zone Bad Eggs have been popping up even before the game was hacked. It's likely because your game is actually defective. Edit: So I reread some of the info and I was partially right. It has to do with the checksums that the game goes through for when checking if pokemon are legit are not. Checksums are basically the end number of a formula used to check the legitimacy of the pokemon in question and if attempt#1 = attempt#2 then you're golden. If not, then you got a bad egg. They are likely to occur in the Wonder Trade because of the wifi possibly screwing something up but it's extremely unlikely to happen and may still hinge on the fact that your game card is defective if the formula is being botched. There are some tips that are helpful to cope with it should you find yourself with one:
-quarantine the egg; move all pokemon within the current box out and do not move the egg.
-do not touch the egg
-do not inspect the egg's stats
-do not take its hold item
-do not try to hatch it

Essentially don't do anything with it and keep your pokemon away from it since it has the plague. There are some tips saying to avoid the pokemon called ------ at all costs but there isn't much info regarding it or what to do...
Here are some videos about this guy getting stuck with it:
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim

Back to top Go down

Mystery Zone Bad Egg Glitch Empty Re: Mystery Zone Bad Egg Glitch

Post by Trollestia Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:16 pm

So it looks like there are two Bad Egg glitches. One is the Wonder Trade glitch, which he says is not what he's experiencing, and what he's experienced, which is when random Bad Eggs appear in the box. His glitch seems to be benign, I don't know anything about the Wonder Trade Bad Egg glitch.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

https://soulthrow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Really? Since I thought he was saying it ate his pal's pokemon when he was holding onto them to restart. I think it's only one type but there is more than one way to get it.
edit: I forgot mention that the eggs regardless of origin will multiply. It's just that other pokemon in the box are not exempt from the egg's multiplication which is what makes it such a nuisance and danger(??).
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 am

His friend's Pokemon randomly became a Bad Egg. Also, he said that the multiplication of the eggs will stop between 9 and 12 eggs unless you start moving them, in which case they will fill up the empty slots.
This is some SCP-level shit right here.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

https://soulthrow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 am

I guess I misheard what he was saying then. Whoops. I could have sworn it was because his bad egg ate his friend's pokemon though. I guess just quarantining the egg is the best course of action so far and hopefully there will be a patch made some time in the near future.
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down