Soul Throw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series?

4 posters

Go down

Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series? Empty Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series?

Post by Mr. Freeze Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am

I mean, they were effectively the best way to waste time in that game while promoting mixing records with other players. Why aren't they still implemented, but with more customization options for your base?
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Freeze

Back to top Go down

Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series? Empty Re: Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series?

Post by KENDARRR Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 am

I don't know, I was actually just thinking about the same thing yesterday though. I mean they were the bees knees, my brother and I played with the bases just as much as we played the actual game.
KENDARRR
KENDARRR

Back to top Go down

Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series? Empty Re: Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series?

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am

Doesn't the Dream Wold count for anything? Even Pokemon is pushing for going internet.
I do miss the secret bases since it was the coolest shit my pathetic middle school mind had ever seen. I loved how you could take advantage of them and have people set up teams of level 100s and just spam grind. Goddamnit now I want to dig out my Ruby or Emerald!
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:59 am

I really wish there were still Secret Bases. Because of them, as well as Berry Growing and Pokemon Contests, I've logged over 400 hours into Ruby. I haven't quite logged that much into TF2, for perspective. I really wish they were still in the game. The Dream World is nowhere near as awesome as Secret Bases were since I don't have to travel across the world looking for the coolest base place, and getting furniture and shit is way harder than it was in R/S/E, and I can't battle my friends offline.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

https://soulthrow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why are Secret Bases no longer in the series? Empty Dream World is for loners.

Post by Mr. Freeze Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 am

Demon Lord Ghirahim wrote:Doesn't the Dream Wold count for anything? Even Pokemon is pushing for going internet.

No way man, you play the Dream World by yourself, customization is boring as watching paint dry (it's not secret and cool so much as it is a happy house with a picket fence and a little dog and children oh god the children they're asking for you to look at their berry collection and all you want to do is take on your buddy's Rayquaza in a spin tile maze designed by them) and you can't go searching for people's Dream World homes after exchanging information! They're, like, random floating houses on rainbow islands and shit.

That's not exactly my definition of "secret base" or "fun."
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Freeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 pm

No, it's not. It's a pathetic "SECRET BASES 0.5!!!!!!!" and it's fucking boring as hell. If it weren't for the fact that I need the berries and some of the hidden abilities are pretty fun to dabble around in I would have never bothered with it. It's more of a chore than fun. I suppose my question meant more on it trying to implement it and failing horribly. So no, Dream World sucks ass and they should just bring back the RSE secret bases because it was fucking amazing and you guys are making me nostalgic again! GODDAMNIT!
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum