Soul Throw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

2DS due to release in time for X and Y

3 posters

Go down

2DS due to release in time for X and Y Empty 2DS due to release in time for X and Y

Post by Demon Lord Ghirahim Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:10 am

Alrighty, so Nintendo is apparently going to have this addition to the 3DS family tree to coincide with Pokemon X and Y's release. As the name might suggest, it's a 3DS without the 3D capabilities and lacks the clamshell hinge. It is also roughly $40 cheaper compared to a regular 3DS at retail price.

Honestly, I was a little put off at first since it looks really clunky but looking at the video's sales pitch it's clearly intended for younger children due to the lack of the hinge makes it less likely to snap in half and also because the tablet shape is familiar to kids that were babysat by their parents' ipad. The lack of the 3D altogether is also nice since I doubt for there to be too many parents that know how to manage the parental controls on the 3DS' system settings. The lower price can be seen as a pro since instead of saving up for only a regular 3DS you have enough for a 2DS and a game. Or better yet a cheaper alternative for things like playing region-locked games. It's clearly a polarising thing since Nintendo had to disable comments and I caught a glimpse of them beforehand and, boy, were a lot of people mad. Overall I feel this was a very good call to make simply because the option exists for convenience's sake. It's not perfect but it was definitely a good call. My only complaint is the name they went with since that's going to confuse people if they don't know exactly what they're looking for. Nintendo does need to work on naming their things because people get confused.
Demon Lord Ghirahim
Demon Lord Ghirahim

Back to top Go down

2DS due to release in time for X and Y Empty Re: 2DS due to release in time for X and Y

Post by Mr. Freeze Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 am

My main concern is regarding the clunky size of it. People who want to get one who aren't young children (they'll have backpacks) will probably have a bit of trouble getting the damn thing into their pockets. Also it's now much easier to hit the power button accidentally since there's no clam shell hinge.

Regardless, it's a great business decision. Cheaper, more difficult to break and less "harmful" will suck parents right in when their kids want one.
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Freeze

Back to top Go down

2DS due to release in time for X and Y Empty Re: 2DS due to release in time for X and Y

Post by Trollestia Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't care one way or the other. If this was the only option for playing 3DS games I'd be pissed but since I can get a regularly 3DS I don't care that Nintendo is making this weird-ass thing.
Trollestia
Trollestia
God

https://soulthrow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down